Tuesday, May 15, 2007

poor judgement?

I think I could find some very much stronger words to say about this than that it showed a lack of good judgement:

"MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (AP) — Staff members of an elementary school staged a fictitious gun attack on students during a class trip, telling them it was not a drill as the children cried and hid under tables."

For your info, Scales Elementary School can easily be found with an internet search (as can the entire AP article). Here's the school's news release (PDF) regarding disciplinary action - one teacher and the assistant principal are suspended without pay for the remainder of this school year - what's that, two weeks? If it were my kids, I'd want those terrorists in jail. I sure hope the parents are working up a criminal lawsuit. Terrorizing children, there is absolutely no excuse! Not just that, but these are authority figures, the kids are supposed to trust them and look up to them, and to be treated in such a manner... oh... my... word!

No comments: