Tuesday, August 28, 2007

on this day in history, Aug 28

Martin Luther King, Jr. gave his famous I Have a Dream speech. Make sure to take a few minutes today to read and reflect upon the powerful words he spoke. http://www.freemaninstitute.com/Dream.htm

I asked my husband last night, because I cannot comprehend, why would anyone ever kill another person? I just don't understand!! His answer was, "you try real hard to do what's right and be a good person, and there's always somebody who's gonna take advantage of that and do you wrong. That really pisses you off." At that point, since I never do sit quietly and listen, I added, "because they don't respect you. And then you don't respect them. And that monster, disrespect, keeps feeding off itself and grows bigger and bigger and bigger until somebody ends up dead." I'm still not sure I understand, though.

No comments: