Monday, February 5, 2007

one weekend down...

the rest of my life to go! I no longer spend half my day thinking about faceless strangers' problems, or what they have said to or about me online. I no longer suddenly think of something I just have to reply, and turn on the computer just to share my wisdom [sic] with the internet, then get sucked in for half an hour (or more).

I am most decidedly NOT getting more housecleaning and decluttering accomplished, though, which was my hope. I can't blame my slack in that area on the computer, it's my own problem, a different problem entirely. Sure, one fed off the other, but it's no excuse. I am still making the same slow plodding progress as before, which is sorta okay. At least I'm not losing ground in the battle against clutter. I have been mostly staying on top of the dirty dishes and laundry, which is a major acheivement for me. But it is rather draining to have to constantly work on washing dishes and dirty clothes all day every day. At least I know that it won't be too much longer before my little one is no longer wearing diapers that need to be laundered! The floor becomes cluttered with art projects and supplies and toys not two hours after I get it completely cleaned up. Now I remember why I never used to want to be a housewife, but that was way back when I didn't ever want to have any children. Kids change everything. I just need to find a routine that works for me. The kids are helping more than they used to do, seeing me cleaning encourages them to do the same, and we make it fun most of the time. It takes longer with their help, but it wouldn't get done at all without their help. The house is nowhere near ready for that party we're hosting on the 17th. It's not time to panic just yet...

No comments: