Thursday, December 13, 2007

it's that time of year again

*sigh* No matter how many wonderful things are happening in my life right now, I feel like I'm drowning sometimes. And it looks like we'll have to use plastic to pay for the kids to have a nice Christmas. It goes against everything I believe in, but I don't want to disappoint the children. Our grocery bill has gotten simply outrageous lately! Hamburger, the cheap stuff, is up to $3 a pound. WHAT??! yeah, wasn't that long ago you could find it for less than $1/lb on sale. We gotta eat. And we can't eat just anything, it has to be gluten-free, so there's another added expense.

Think I'll give etsy another try. At least sewing will keep me busy, it's lots of fun for me, and that's one hobby I have plenty of supplies without going out and spending any money we don't have on it.

1 comment:

Jen-Jen said...

((((hugs))) to you. I hope you will have a good time regardless of the money factor. Food is going up because the cost of fuel is going up and because the cost of corn, which they feed most animals, is going way up (since it's now being used, in ethanol and biodiesel to substitute for petroleum fuel).