Tuesday, December 19, 2006

silly poll

so I borrowed this poll from a friend's blog (link over on the right, Kihaku). Didn't have much to tell this morning. Going to the dentist with little one tomorrow, she has a few cavities and all her teeth appear to have problems.
:( *sigh* I hate doctors, and I've only ever seen one dentist in my entire life, but I will be brave so she won't be afraid. I have to.

Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?
neither, give me coffee, lots of cream, no sugar

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
gifts from Santa are taken out of their packages, and left unwrapped and ready to play with under the tree.

Coloured lights on tree/house or white?
all white, but I like some of them to blink or twinkle

Do you hang mistletoe?
no, the tree in our yard that had it growing in it came down on our house in a storm a few years ago. Can't justify ever spending money on something so impossible to get rid of!

When do you put up your decorations?
usually the second weekend after Thanksgiving

What is your favorite holiday dish?
cookies

Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
the xmas after my parents split up, there was a huge mountain of presents, way more than I'd ever gotten before. I don't remember any of them except I got that Giant Size Barbie I wanted so badly.

When and how did you learn that Santa isn't real?
I never did believe in Santa. I didn't realize other kids really did either, until I was in high school and my neighbor told me that I was the one who told his little brother Santa wasn't real which really upset him terribly :(

Can you ice skate?
not very well, i have very weak ankles.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
yes, just one.

How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
with ornaments from my past, my father used to give me an ornament each year. Nothing matches. I like shiny beads and red bows, too. I like to barely be able to see the tree for all the decorations on it.

Snow! Love it or Dread it?
hate it!! But still wishing for snow this year, it's been so long...

What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
letting people know you care about them

Do you remember your favorite gift?
I still have my orange stuffed bunny that was my favorite toy my entire childhood. She only has one ear, but she's still very special.

What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
cookies

What tops your tree?
used to be an angel, she's still on the tree, but a star my oldest child picked out is now on top.

What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I'm hoping to make new traditions with my kids. don't really have a favorite.

Which do you prefer giving or Receiving gifts?
giving, but what is even more fun is the making of gifts

What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Father Christmas by The Kinks

Candy Canes on the tree?
did that once.... the ones that didn't get eaten all melted in the humidity in storage over the summer and gooped up all the other ornaments.

No comments: