Thursday, April 5, 2007

Monster of the Month Club

The girls especially enjoyed this book by Dian Curtis Regan link about a homeschooled little girl name Rilla whose mother is a crazy hippie (my girls are quick to point out so am I, and my oldest apparently can relate to how Rilla feels about it). Rilla is given a membership to the monster of the month club and gets a new monster each month. So we got the second book, Monsters in the Attic from the library a few days ago. If you have kids between 6-13 years of age (IMO it really is geared for the 10-12 year age group), check it out from your library real soon! But as we have started gardening (albeit a bit too early apparently) we are currently reading The Secret Garden again so Monsters in the Attic will just have to wait. Don't bother getting Secret Garden from the library (link, in case you've been under a rock all your life), just buy a copy so you can read it seven hundred times if your kids are anything like mine or like I was as a child. One of my favorite books of all time!

Other than that, had a monster of a migraine yesterday, and hot flashes kept me up all night long. But I'm holding myself together, really I am. Worst thing about it was that empty bottle of migraine pills! I thought, since the bottle was still there, that I surely had one left. :P

No comments: