Tuesday, June 19, 2007

deep-fried finger?

ouch. Like I said, I burned my finger frying catfish Sunday night for Father's Day and Oma's birthday dinner. What happened was, as I tried to plop in a breaded fillet without sloshing hot oil all over my stove top, my finger entered said hot oil past the first knuckle! I have some aloe vera plants in my kitchen for just this sort of emergency, and did doctor it up as soon as it happened or it would be much worse than it is. So all day yesterday, I kept a bandaid on it, covering just the blister at the very tip of my finger so I could use my hand for things that need to be done. And when I pulled the bandaid off last night after washing dishes and getting it wet, the adhesive pulled some skin off with it, skin that was burnt but not blistered! So now it's even worse than it was yesterday. At least the blister isn't bothering me anymore...

1 comment:

Jen-Jen said...

Ouch! That sounds painful! I hope it heals fast. I had sun poisoning a few weeks ago, and put some calendula cream on it, and it healed pretty quick.