Tuesday, June 12, 2007

a nursing dress?

I think I just figured it out! What if I made a simple dress with an overlapping slit running down the center of the front, then wore a pinafore/apron with it? I could make the skirt as wide and spinny as I want. I could make two aprons and three dresses and have six different outfits! Best of all, I don't see any reason this wouldn't work (except my lack of fabric yardage - might have to go patchwork on it). But... would it just look too strange, even for me? What if I made it of the funkiest brightly colored fabrics? :-D


edit - after a google image search for ideas, I feel a need to clarify that I am NOT talking about ruffles and little house on the prairie!!! More of a retro 60's mod look, combined with a 70's hippie style....

1 comment:

Heather said...

totally cool.

I've been thinking I'm gonna start wearing caning aprons all the time... I'm such a slob and the kids keep ruining my shirts with their greasy little fingers. *sigh*