Sunday, June 24, 2007

music?

Over the last month or so, I've been increasingly unsatisfied with music. Sure, I enjoy listening to all sorts of music, especially music that spoke to me in my past, but it feels like something is missing. I want to find music that speaks to me now, to who I am now, and I'm coming up short every time. I've gone through all the cds I own that have been accumulating, listening to works I had forgotten about, and it's nice, but it's not at all what I'm looking for. I can't seem to find any music that moves me the way music used to do. I'm not feeling it. I gotta feel it. I would be most grateful to anyone who offers suggestions...

Perhaps the problem is not with the music, but with me? Still, I know somewhere out there is the music I'm searching for, probably not being played on the radio, certainly not, but it's gotta exist somewhere besides the dark recesses of my mind...

I can't get no
Satisfaction
'cause I try
and I try.....

4 comments:

Jen-Jen said...

Have you already tried Pandora? It lets you choose a song or artist you already like, then makes suggestions for songs like it. You could start with something that you feel is close and work from there.

Jen-Jen said...

Have you heard Ani Difranco? Or Kaiser Chiefs?

Jen-Jen said...

How about Jesse Sykes?

Friendstacy said...

looking forward to see what it is that Annie Lennox is currently working on.

I think Patti Smith is also working on a new album.