Sunday, March 11, 2007

2 new aprons for me!

I did manage to begin two new aprons on Friday, and finished them early Saturday. One of them, I just don't like. I don't know what's wrong with it, other than I made it too big. The colors look nice together even if I did run out of the bias binding tape I was hiding the raw edges with. The other one I just love, though I'll admit it is the ugliest apron ever! DH requested that I never wear a certain comfy old shirt ever again. Instead of throwing it out, I turned it into an apron. Ha! But it's perfect for an apron, the all-cotton fabric is so soft and worn that it's perfect for wiping up spills and catching drips (which is an apron's entire purpose in this world). And the shirt was given me from my Gramma. I really like how it turned out, and I didn't have to hem it because the shirt already has a hem. The only parts that went to waste were the collar, sleeves, and a few very small scraps. If it had long sleeves, I could have made them into the ties, and not had to find a matching fabric to use instead. So now I have it in my head to go to the thrift store and purchase old shirts with the intention of turning them into aprons. And yes, my sewing machine is indeed sitting right here beside my computer on a tv dinner tray. *sigh*

Oh, and I also managed to snap a few photos of my dafodils and some other things I have made (but no photos of the aprons, yet). I just need to remember to transfer them from the camera to the computer and upload them.

No comments: