Friday, March 9, 2007

a link a day...

Might as well continue with the new tradition... groovy green Someday I'll get around to reading more of this one, it makes me feel less out there, if you know what I mean.

and in other news...

my yearly March sunburn came just a bit early this year. Not so bad, just a pink nose today after spending the majority of the past few days playing outside, probably back to lily white skin with more freckles by tomorrow when the rain gets here. I don't know why I can never think of getting out the sunblock until after I get one minor overexposure. Littlest one just looks sun-kissed, and oldest child who has never had a sunburn (yes, the one with auburn/red hair) doesn't seem affected in the least.

I think it's safe to say that Spring has come to the Southern part of the US!! Wooohooohoooo! But I'm still afraid we started sprouting our seeds indoors too soon. It's time to move them outside, and we usually have one last frost at the end of March or beginning of April...

I fully intended to take photos of my dafodils while they are busting out, just keep forgetting. Trust me, my yard is awash in yellow blooms. After reading a bit of that groovy green article linked above, I kinda wish they were an edible bulb instead. Well, you can always eat daylilies (uh, if you were hungry enough), and i have tons of those, too!

I think I'll justify getting out my sewing machine by cleaning off the kitchen table, and set it up there where I'll have to put it away in order to feed the family. I really must create something today, even if it doesn't turn out so great! I spent a good bit of time the day before yesterday figuring out a new skirt pattern using a coffee filter to draw it on. I wanted to make a circle skirt, but not out of one, or even two pieces of fabric, so used the circle of the filter to figure out how to do it from triangles.

One of these days, I plan to post my 101 things you can do with coffee filters (besides brew coffee). Still my favorite is to paint them with watercolors, and after they dry, cut flowers or snowflakes from them and hang them in the windows, but the girls and I have come up with, as I said, probably 101 nifty ideas! Little one really loved the fairy I made using one coffee filter and a tiny piece of a pipe cleaner (oh, that's not what they call them anymore, but I can't spell chenille), really should have taken a photo before she got destroyed. Though you never know, I might find her someday sitting on a shelf somewhere safe.

No comments: