Friday, May 18, 2007

buried treasure!

well, sorta anyway. While playing in my compost yesterday, I found an avocado pit that had started to grow. No, we don't eat avocados, I'm allergic to them. It must have been JenJen's that she threw out while visiting here. I'm going to let it grow outdoors and see what happens. If it makes it, I'll bring it inside before weather turns cold this fall. Thinking along those lines, I should probably put my pineapple top outdoors, I bet it would grow much faster there than inside. Oh, and my amaryllis bulbs, too! Especially the ones I grew from seed. They don't seem to grow much at all indoors.

So right now I have quite a bit still growing in my garden. There are the cucumbers, squash, and zucchini transplants that were Mom day presents from DH. There are watermelon and pumpkin seedlings, too. The zinnias we planted back in March are doing well. Not much spinach, I think it got eaten or weather got too warm too fast, but there's lots of kale sprouting up, and turnips, and broccoli and cauliflower. A few of the beans I planted seem to be going strong - they were just regular dry beans from a 15-bean soup bag. Now, this is a tiny little garden, see, and there's not enough room for all that, so it's okay for the bunnies to get some of it... :D

No comments: