Wednesday, May 2, 2007

the pony quilt project

catchy title, eh? some of you may recall, that about a year and a half ago, before I started this blog, I started making a patchwork quilt for my oldest daughter who is crazy for My Little Pony. Well, when it wasn't complete by the deadline I set for myself, I put it away, never to be seen again... until now. I am now a bit past half-way (probably more like 3/4) finished with the top of the quilt which consists entirely of 4-inch squares of fabric. It's been easier to construct than I anticipated, now that I have a cooperative sewing machine. But I've spent most of today snipping threads. snip snip snip... I'm covered in strings. My floor is covered in strings. But I got my creativity fix and my kids are happy. okay, it's time to turn the iron back on... don't understand how people can spend all their time making patchwork clothes to sell. I have all the respect in the world for them! Love the end result, the process is a bit daunting, to say the least.

No comments: