Friday, May 25, 2007

no news?

the most interesting news I read this morning was the commentary after an unfavorable review of the new Pirates movie (I don't care, I want to see it for myself anyway). The Democrats are angry with their elected politicians, well big suprise! I mean, did they really expect any more from them? there's a mother less one son who is angry about the war.... uh, he made the choice to pick up that gun and wave his flag, and he paid the price all soldiers know is a possibility. How many mothers are less a son or two (or sons less a mom or sister) at his hands? hmmm? Oh, but they aren't human, those Iraqis, right? How many people were those explosives he was about to use intended to eliminate? link

oh, dear. That wasn't very nice. Well, I'm not feeling very nice this morning. This is my blog, I can write what I want here. This is where I get to rant and rave about all those things nobody wants to talk about. I gotta let it out. I don't care if you like it, I don't care if nobody reads it, I just gotta say what I gotta say.

It pains me to read about anyone dieing in this war, it doesn't matter what side they are on. It pains me even more to realize that had they not died, they would have killed that many more people. There can be no winner when the game is death and destruction. Now all we can do is hope for a little less destruction and a lot fewer deaths, because the toddler in the White House is throwing a temper tantrum and doesn't want to stop playing his deadly game. And the nannies in Congress are afraid of him and his fits, so they stand quietly by and do nothing but watch him destroy everything in sight, or maybe they just close their eyes so they don't have to watch it at all.

Have we learned nothing from history? Even the convoluted, not-quite-right history I was taught in school? Come on, people! What the hell is going on?

No comments: